Thursday, July 16, 2009

The CLOSER!


OK HUGE bragging proud mom and dad moment! Thats right your seeing the photos right thats Kaden PITCHING!! Kaden loves pitching but has been with is team for a couple years and they already had a couple good pitchers and I dont think they ever knew how badly Kaden wanted to pitch or that hes actually pretty good at it! Hes been begging me to tell them but I knew that he needed to speak up for himself... well tonight he did!
We have had 4 games this week every dang night of the week and I am exhausted and I think the boys are too. Kaden and Dallin have been playing some serious good ball this week with hits every time at bat and really good hits at that! We have been so so proud of them! Now the season is all but over, we made it into the tournament that happens next week at pretty high on the top I believe because we have done so well. I have a family reunion that we were supposed to attend but we will be having to miss that now, but thats ok we are so proud of these boys, their team is amazing and works so well together, we have great great coaches that only compliment the boys and help them grow but not in a sissy kind of way. We are very lucky to have them!
Anyways our game tonight we were well killing them I think the score was 24ish to 7 and we were thinking they would call the game but the other team wanted another chance at bat so the next thing I know some of the moms were telling me to look on the mound... hu?? So I look up and Rich is yelling too to look and there Kaden is and it took me a minute to realize what was going on.. Kaden was warming up to pitch!! I grabbed my camera and about pee'd my pants I was so scared for him! I knew it was pretty safe with our lead but I was worried that under that pressure would scare him! I was sooo wrong! He did AMAZING!!!! He did walk 2 people but then had 2 boys hit off him one of which he was able to grab up the ball when it came to him and threw it to 1st and got the boy out!! Then he struck a boy out!! OMG we went nuts!! So nobody made it home while he was pitching which is so awesome and that inning flew bye! I think everyone including Kaden was surprised with how well he did.. I was so happy he didnt hit anyone cuz I knew he would feel horrible! Afterward he couldnt stop smiling, he is seriously on cloud nine! Everyone was calling him the closer which I thought had a nice ring to it but also sounds like a horror movie! LOL He said that he didnt even get nervous that he just wanted the coaches to see what he could do and that practicing with Dallin and Elias has made him more nervous than actually doing it with a batter!
We are so super proud of him and even if he never pitches another game he will always have this and we will always remember how dang awesome he did! Heres a quick movie of him pitching and of him and Dal getting a couple hits in from Mondays game! YEAH BOYEEES!



2 comments:

alison said...

What an exciting season for sure!! Its great the Kaden was able to pitch last night and have such a good inning on his first try!! Good job to both the boys for working so hard this year.

Haley L said...

What a fun night that was. I kept waiting to see a big grin on Kaden's face, but he was all business and so focused! Nice job! Baseball might just be growing on your whole family, eh? :)