Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Wait

Well its up to FEDEX now! Madison and I went to the Walgreens this morning for my 8 new passport photos (I had mine but couldnt fine 1 so I had to redue them all) and they werent ready well I let the lady know that they were supposed to be ready last night and that I need them NOW and so she got on it but then proceeded to talk to the other lady about the shirt I had worn in the picture and that I shouldve been sent home to change because of the color. WELL I was about to let her have it but I laid low but she knew I was annoyed and when we were done she left me with this.... bye and try to have a better day! LOL So then off to the bank for a money order then to FEDEX where I had a million papers needed 2 envelopes to mail in and one going international and one not and when trying to fill out the Vietnam address I needed help and asked the man for help saying I dont suppose you know anything about Vietnam addresses his reply......... well unfortunately I spents some time there a long time ago.... well DANG IT I need help and Im dealing with a disgruntled Vet YIKES! But I remained calm even though he decided he didnt want to help me with my Vietnam adoption papers and finally after 15 minutes I got some help! I understand he probly had a lot of memories.
So that was my morning, I was so excited to get that mailed off and have it out of my hands! I am no longer a paper chaser I am a waiting mommy! One of my fellow waiting moms shared this poem and I thought I would share with you all....

WAIT
Desperately, helplessly, longing, I cried:
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the master so gently said, "Child, you must wait.""Wait?
You say, wait!" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By Faith, I have asked, and am claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance and YOU tell me to WAIT?
I'm needing a `yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a `no' to which I can resign.
And Lord, You promised that if we believe
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait.
"So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting…for what?
"He seemed, then, to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And he tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause the mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want—But, you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint;
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save…(for a start),
But, you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that "My grace is sufficient for Thee.
"Yes, your dreams for your love
done overnight would come true,
But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So, be silent, My Child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And thought oft' may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, "WAIT."
Author unknown

4 comments:

tamiz said...

So nice to be done with the papers but waiting is hard too. I love that poem... wonder if there's a place for it in my next lesson?

LaLa said...

So glad you got that taken care of....sorry you had a rough morning : ) Love the poem too..

Kris said...

I need to burn that poem into my brain!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

yay! You are a waiting Mommy. Waiting is hard but the reward is so sweet!