Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking back

It has been an amazing year and so I thought I would take this opportunity to journal this year in hopes to remember how we got where we are...
Never at the beginning of this year did I ever think we would be waiting for a referral for a baby from Vietnam NEVER! I have always, always wanted to adopt and have always talked about a China baby (really asian baby) and how I would love to adopt one but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that dream would come true. I have to say that I know the Lord put that desire in my heart and Im so greatful to Rich and my supportive friends and family for helping me reach to make that dream come true. It all happened really in the beggining of the year when I just knew I wanted another baby, A BABY... but I had no desire to have another bio baby. I started to work on Rich... then one day at the mall we were eating lunch and this adorable Asian family had a baby and I just started to cry and Rich looked up and saw what I was looking at and said O wow you really want a baby huh and then said dont worry baby I will get you a baby! But then it really wasnt until late spring that we started talking more openly about it. For me it was a daily thought but something I was trying to ignore... we have a good thing going 2 kids, great kids, we can go anywhere with them and have no worries why add when we have this perfect thing going?? But the Lord pushed harder and so did I.
Have you ever felt so strongly about something that sitting there you just got the chills?? That is what would happen to me every time I prayed or even thought about adopting. So thats when the bricks started to fall right on my head, fresh smacks in the face leaving marks saying DUH lady its time to adopt! I decided to fast and that day at church my dear friend Tirsa announced that there would be an adoption workshop type deal that Friday and O my it was date night and we already had a sitter! And I also heard from one of our missionaries that he was adopted and what a great gift it was to him. Then a good friend told me her story about being a 3 month old baby on the plane that crashed in Operation Baby Lift in Vietnam. Things just came together. And when we went to the class another sweet friend talked about Vietnam and adopting from there. I just knew that was were my baby was going to be.
So here we are about 7 months later joy and tears and paper cuts and all that comes with an adoption and I am just overwhelmed with how it came to be. The Lord knows me so well and I am convinced that he put this desire in my heart since I was a child. Im blessed that he gave me a husband who has an open heart and also has the desire. I have two awesome kids who are so excited about their sister and they have never put doubts in my head that they wont love this little girl. I am blessed to have dear sweet awesome friends who continue to cheer us on and always ask what is happening and wanting to be in the know! Two of these great friends even included Malia this Christmas by giving her gifts, which warmed my heart to the core. I have a great sister who continues to support also.
So what a blessed and exciting year it has been and I can not wait for next year at this same time having little Malia trying to type while I am needing to do diaper changes and bottles. The kids have been great this year seeming to learn and grow so fast.
I am humbled by this year and looking forward to the next! Malia here we come, I cant believe we will be a family of five hopefully by summer definately by fall!!
So thank you to all my supportive friends and family, it has been a great year of growing and learnin
*Sorry that was a long one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing and including us all in this journey.

tamiz said...

What an amazing year! You are a great friend. I'm so proud of you and your family and all that you've accomplished! You guys impress us with your great strides. Thanks for sharing and hurry Malia!

Erica said...

What a year- HAPPY '08!!

Tirsa said...

This entry made me tear up a little. I am so happy to have been a small part of your adoption journey and it has been awesome seeing you prepare for your sweet Malia. Oh, the stories you will tell her of how God directed her to your life! Adoption is a true miracle and I am so glad that you are joining the ranks!!!