Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What would you do?

On 20/20 they have been doing a series on "What would you do?". Would you tell tell your friend if you caught their spouse cheating, would you tell your friend or a stranger if they had something in their nose or teeth, or would you help a stranger if they were being harassed?
I have enjoyed the series because I am always baffled when people are willing to just walk by and not help someone in need. Or if I get home and see I have something on my face or teeth or in my nose... umm why didn't anyone tell me. According to 20/20 people get just as embarrassed about letting someone know as we do finding it out.
Ive always been one to let someone know if they have an "issue" as I like to call it, I will pick hair off someones back and I will tell them if they have something on their buttocks.
The other day I was headed to the store and there was quite a bit of traffic and someone was riding my butt the whole way and right before we were approaching the stores she got in the other lane and passed, I needed to change lanes and ended up following her right to the store I was going to and so I parked right next to her. I was ticked... if I would have had to brake all of a sudden she would have hit me and I had my kids in the car. So I got the kids out she was standing outside her car getting ready for work, and I said umm do you realize you were on my tail the whole way here??.. She said O well I was just braking when you was...UMM no you were on my butt the whole way and I have kids in the car and you couldve hit me! She had tried to pass me the whole time but there were people in front of me and to the side... I preceded to tell her that I didnt care if she was running late for work but that there are people with kids in their cars that dont appreciate people like her driving reckless.. She tried to argue with me that it wasnt her fault HELLO and so I walked away. I really wanted her to be aware of herself and her driving! Normally I would have let it go but I couldnt she had scared me for 10 minutes of driving with nowhere for either of us to go.... I hope next time she thinks about it.
So what would you do?? Are you someone who ignores issues or will you say hey sweetie youve got some goblins in your nose??

10 comments:

Becki said...

So I prefer the bat in the cave, but I think you and I usually ask each other if we got something there. I know Randy likes to wait for awhile to let me know when I have something in my teeth, so sometimes I get even!!! he he he

Erica said...

I am so glad that some people (like you) have the courage to tell others that you didn't appreciate something they did. I don't know if I was in some of the situtations on 20/20 if I could step in and say something. I know that I am pretty outgoing, but I don't like confrontion, so I avoid it.

shelly said...

Kris, I am glad to know you are a "teller", if I am wondering about myself in the future I will make sure I come around you. :) I also am a "teller". I'm certainly not going to let someone walk around with boogies or food in their teeth. I know how embarrassing it is when you get home and wonder "how long has that been there?" I am probably too chicken to confront the tailgaiter though, I would probably just glare at her. You go girl!

shelly said...

Kris, I am glad to know you are a "teller", if I am wondering about myself in the future I will make sure I come around you. :) I also am a "teller". I'm certainly not going to let someone walk around with boogies or food in their teeth. I know how embarrassing it is when you get home and wonder "how long has that been there?" I am probably too chicken to confront the tailgaiter though, I would probably just glare at her. You go girl!

Carli said...

I am proud of you. I always appreciate someone that tells you the hard things -- you'll always know where you stand with them. Great story and thought provoking post!

Elizabeth said...

I also don't like confrontation, but if it involved the safety of my kids..I am definately like the "Little Mother Hen" and will fight for things to keep my kids safe! Way to go Kris! :)

The Toy Guru said...

Good for you for saying something!! She probably felt stupid after she walked into the same store and realized she didn't get there any faster by tailgating you!! I have been wanting to watch that show. But I always seem to miss it. Remind me...what night and time is it on? I do in fact tell people things if there is something they overlooked as they were getting ready in the morning. Once I told a mom at Home Depot that her little boy still had the sticker on his pants that said size 6 on the leg. She was nice and glad that I'd said something.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

You go girl! That is really awesome that you told her. It totally depends on the situation. I can't say for sure...I definitely don't like to make waves but when I really see an injustice or if I get really mad, then I usually say something. And, I usually tell people if they have something in their teeth or something. The other day, Blaine went in to work for a performance review. He dressed up for it because he was going to make his case for a raise. Anyway, he came home, said it went well, and then looked in the mirror. He had a big flower sticker right on his shirt that Bella had put on him in the morning before he left! I was laughing so hard!!! Of course, his supervisor HAD to have seen it...it was OBVIOUS but she didn't mention it.

Susan said...

Oh, I definitely will tell someone if they've got food in their teeth, a low rider in their nose, etc.

It depends on the situation when it comes to confronting a stranger about something else. Having said that, I did follow a girl down the road until she pulled into a parking lot, because she cut me off not once, but twice. (I mean I had to SLAM on my brakes to keep from hitting her both times.) I didn't yell or scream at her, but I very calmly told her what she did and how dangerous it was. I also may have mentioned something about getting off the road if she ever saw my car again, but I can't be certain. LOL.

Good for you for letting the woman know how you felt about her actions.

Sharon said...

I get ticked when people ride my butt...I usually slow down and piss them off. I know, I know...my son tells me I have road rage : ) All I have to say to Mike is " Tooth" and he knows now that something is there.