Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


We had a really nice Easter. We started out by coloring eggs after Rich got home from work. When we put the kids to bed we let them know that they HAD to stay in bed until 5:45 at the earliest. Well Rich and I stayed up until 2 a.m. (hope we didnt keep the bunny waiting) and Maddie came in our room twice to use the potty and Kaden was talking in his sleep and Rich was snoring. So not the best nights sleep. Then at 5 I heard the kids talking and told them to go to bed so Maddie pee'd again! And went to sleep Kaden right at 6 came in our room and stared at me until I opened my eyes and I asked if Maddie was awake and he said no so I told him to go back to his room until 6:15, of course on the dot there he was again. Well we had church early so I knew we needed to get started so we all got up and brushed and went down to discover what the Easter Bunny brought. It took quite awhile for them to find their baskets (that bunny is clever) and they were very excited. Even Malia got a little basket with some fun little items! We ended up having dinner with the Zims and came home and took a much needed nap while Kaden played b-ball with his new hoop outside and Maddie watched her new movie!

I feel blessed that we are able to celebrate Easter and the true meaning of the day and I feel very blessed for friends who make sure we arent home alone eating sandwiches for holiday dinners LOL! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

1 comments:

Jolayne said...

Looks like fun. I told my girls that I didn't want to do egg decorating this year and somehow I got away with that!