Friday, May 22, 2009

What a big day... on 2 counts..wait 3!

Today was a big big day for the kids. It was their last day of school! I cant even believe that Im going to have a middle schooler, I cant even start to describe how NOT ready I am for him to be that old, it has been very emotional to realize that this big step has come. Hes ready though and very excited. Baseball has started so he with Dallin will be super busy throughout the summer and then as soon as that ends football will start with barely a 2 week break AAAHHH!!
I cant believe my sweet Maddie is going to be a 1st grader, she is so excited though and so ready, Im just not sure what I will do for that long without my little buddy home. Malia will be pretty sad and bored too!
Today her class did a end of the year performance that was really sweet. They sang some cute little songs and then her teacher teared up while telling them goodbye, which then sent all the moms running for tissues. Sweet Maddie started bawling and needed some big hugs. She is going to miss her teacher so much, she really loves her so much!
The school then had a picnic lunch outside where parents could come so we took them subway and ate all together and signed them out! So its been a very exciting, emotional, fun filled day!
Here are some pics... Dallins teacher didnt come outside so we didnt get a pic with him...

Maddie and her teacher, you can tell they were both crying
This is when she said goodbye to all the kids individually and she couldnt stop crying it was so awesome and so sad.
Kaden enjoyed his teacher this year, she did a great job!
Daddy gave her some flowers and she was pretty overjoyed with them!
After her performance
She LOVES to sing

OK now here is the other exciting part of our day... it is our 1 Year anniversary for our referral for Malia. So exactly 1 year ago we got our official ok that we had been accepted to be Malias family!!! I can remember so clearly the tears of joy and phone calls I made after the phone call I got letting me know! I cant believe now a year later how settled we are and all finalized!
I was such a slacker and didnt get any good photos of her this week but here she is playing in Kadens slippers, she LOVES them and has to put them on backwards so that she doesnt trip, she gets so MAD when we take them away, but its pretty dang cute watching her walk around with them on backwards!
And here she is supporting Maddie, she has been cranky the last couple weeks but was a good trooper being dragged around for Kaden and Maddies stuff this week!
She is such a treasure to us and we talk about how blessed we are to have her almost every day, I love when I catch Rich looking at her and see the overwhelming love he has for her, it makes me tear up seeing it... often he will just have to scoop her up and snuggle her because he cant contain it, I LOVE that, she is a daddy's girl so she sure loves that too!
We sure love you Malia Linh!! So glad you found us and we found you!

0 comments: