Friday, December 26, 2008

Trip to the ER

Chillin and waiting

Cool my own control center

You can tell in this photo he was in pain and not feeling great
Well first off hes FINE!!! And I know this will embarrass him but I like to keep track of all this stuff. So Kaden for a little over a week has been having stomach pain, not all the time just a few times throughout the day. I thought it was constipation but he has been able to ummm go. So Ive had him be very careful with his diet and drink lots of water and still pain. Xmas morning he was up at 5 moaning in the bathroom but then even 10 minutes later he was fine. He hasnt had a very big appetite so Ive been waiting for throw up or diarrhea but nothing no fever nothing. So tonight he was doubled over in pain and crying so I asked him to show me where it hurt and I barely seriously barely touched his stomach and he screamed in pain so I decided I better take him to urgent care. After getting to Urgent care the Dr there thought it would be best to get him to the ER so that we could get Xrays because his pain was so bad at the time. So we go and sit and sit and sit and have few people talk to him and finally the doc or PA?? comes in talks and touches and listens and says well we could give you a suppository but since youve been going I dont think you need that so just watch your diet??? WHAT!! For real watch your diet! So Im told its just constipation. I asked a bunch of ? to where it led nowhere. So I was sent to the ER for some dang Dr to just dismiss us! Im really hoping that he is right. So for now we will just hope and pray the pain stays away this time and everything is fine.
He thought it was pretty cool to have his own remote in the bed for the tv and was feeling good by the time we left so heres to hoping cuz if it keeps up I might have to go smack that doc!

9 comments:

Erica said...

That is a totally bummer way to spend the day after Christmas!! Poor little guy, I hope they figure out what it is and get him feeling better soon. Did they end up taking xrays?

alison said...

its times like these that you realize how medicine is a very INEXACT science. poor guy--hope he feels better!

Unknown said...

Give my love to Kaden . . . I guess appendix was not an issue?

Love, Duhmomma

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear that Kaden! Hope things are better...and he feels better!

Jane said...

Wow! I hope he's feeling better by now. I hope it's not appendicitis. I had that a couple of years ago and they didn't think it was that for a long time--they went thru the whole "maybe an eptopic pregnancy or gas" type thing. But it was appendicitis. So now I'm appendix-less :P

Becki said...

Christmas looks like it was great! The kids look like they had a lot of fun! Was that a cell phone that I saw in Kaden's hand?! Kaden I hope you are feeling better!

Love, Becki

Jolayne said...

I saw Kaden in church today and he looked like he was feeling better. Is everything worked out now?

The Toy Guru said...

I hate the ER!!! They never tell you anything you don't already know...it costs a thousand dollars...you sit and sit and sit and go home knowing nothing more than you did when you got there!! It's not like I'm bitter or anything...yea right. Hope Kaden is better today!

angemam said...

Man! Have we been so consumed w/ our own stuff & didn't even know! I am SOOO sorry! I pray he is feeling better. Which ER did you go to, asked the ER expert... :)